15 things that will make a car fan feel old!
None of us are getting any younger, but as cars have evolved we’ve moved with the times. But how many of the following things resonate with you and make you feel older than you are! (by the way: you’ll find most of them at The British Motor Show in the classic car arena)
1. You recognise this, and know what it was for
2. You learnt to drive in one of these….
3. This was how you cooled yourself down on a hot day
4. Talking of cooling down, you carried a bottle of water in the boot for when your car overheated in traffic
5. You had to lean over to unlock the passenger door
6. Fog lights on, headlights on… this was considered cool…..
7. Pinstripes were a thing
8. Check trim was more desirable than leather
9. Your dash had a large clock instead of a rev counter
10. Plastic wheel trims were the easy way to upgrade your car
11. This poster was on your wall as a kid….
12. You took your stereo into the pub so that it didn’t get stolen…
13. When your car model ended with an “i” you knew you had made it….
14. Google Maps looked like this:
15. You picked up these from the petrol station
CONGRATULATIONS! You’re officially old.
(Don’t worry, we are too)
Come and reminisce at The British Motor Show, 18-21 August • Farnborough, where we will have over 50 classic owners clubs displaying their cars. Get your tickets here.