MOTORS Pick The Best 10 Cars For Driving In Snow
When you’re driving on snow or ice, having a car that can handle the difficult conditions is essential. The experts at British Motor Show headline partner MOTORS have compiled a list of their top 10 best cars for driving in snow and ice, as well as some handy tips for staying safe when driving in treacherous conditions.
Features of good cars for snow driving
When compiling their list, the experts at MOTOR looked for cars with a range of features, including;
- Four-wheel drive: Choosing a 4×4 car may mean you’re less likely to get stuck on icy or slushy surfaces and will give you power to drive off
- High ground clearance: The best vehicles for deep snow are higher off the ground. This means they are less likely to get stuck
- Snow tires or chains: Good cars for snow and ice will come with snow tires or chains as standard, which improves traction
- Comfort inside: When it’s cold out, the best cars for snow provide a warm cocoon and come with features like heated seats and a steering wheel
- Anti-lock brakes: In some cars, when you brake hard, the wheels can lock, and you can’t change direction. That means you could skid into obstacles when it’s icy. An ABS (anti-locking brake system) lets you apply the brakes while also allowing you to steer to safety
- ESC (Electronic stability control): In cars with ESC, a computer can tell if an individual wheel is skidding. It can then apply the brakes to the wheel separately to help keep the car moving in the direction you want to go
The 10 best cars for snow
Based on the features we’ve listed above, MOTORS experts have selected 10 of the best cars for snow and ice driving from leading manufacturers. Head over to MOTORS to read the full article and find out which cars made their top 10 list.