10 Reasons why you can’t miss THE car show of 2023.
The British Motor Show is back from the 17th – 20th August! But it’s not just any old car show – We’ve reinvented the motor show and have a guaranteed fun day out for all the family planned. Here are our top 10 reasons why it’s a summer day out not to be missed.
1. See the latest cars – Over twenty five of the UK’s best-known automotive brands are already confirmed as exhibitors, including a number of vehicles that have rarely been seen in the UK before, including the Aston Martin DB12, INEOS Grenadier, VW ID Buzz, Ssangyong Korando eMotion and the UK debut of the BYD Seal.
2. Check out future technology – We’ll have some of the latest technology on display in the BYD hall, and the IMI Tech Hub will be featuring tech sessions throughout the weekend, including our “Drivers Den” a “Dragons Den style” session where 3 companies will pitch their latest automotive idea to the crowds each day.
3. See the latest Supercars, up close – Every motor show worth its salt needs a selection of supercars, and we’ll have the latest from Aston Martin, Bentley and more, plus over 50 exotic and iconic supercars on display each day in the popular Premier GT Supercar Paddock. And if that’s not enough, you can see them live in our supercar showdown in the cinch Live Arena each day.
4. The kids will have an amazing time – The show isn’t just for adults, in fact we’ve designed The British Motor Show to be just as much fun for the smaller car fans in the family. Our dedicated arractions for the kids includes Under 17 Driving, Car Maintenance for Kids, Remote Control Car Racing, giant slot car racing, F1 Racing Sims and loads of rides and experiences including bumper cars. Not to mention all our live sessions, influencers and supercars!
5. Get a ride in a Supercar or classic of your choice – Where else will you get the opportunity to get a ride in an amazing Ferrari? Or maybe you’ve always wanted to experience the thrill of an AC Cobra? In Partnership with The Sporting Bears we’re offering visitors the chance to take a supercar passenger ride of a lifetime, all while raising money for children’s charities in the UK.
6. Check out hundreds of classic cars – We’re not just about the latest new and electric cars, we love old cars as much as we love new ones. So, with over 35 owners clubs exhibiting and some special themed areas, including our halo Porsche display and veteran cars for the first time. With all that plus a classic car auction on Sunday afternoon, there’s something to suit everyone’s taste.
7. Meet a few famous faces – The eBay Live Stage will be hosted by CAR SOS duo Tim and Fuzz and include famous guests including Paul Cowland, Max Chiltern, AJ & Curtis Pritchard, Mike Wilds and Aiden Moffatt. Mike Brewer and Alex Kersten will be hosting the cinch Live Arena and if influencers are your thing, check out the Petrolheadonism Zone in Hall 5.
8. DO NOT MISS THE PARACHUTE DISPLAY !!! – Every day at noon, The Lightning Bolts Parachute display team will be jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and landing in The cinch Live Arena, an amazing spectacle and one not to be missed. However, this year in partnership with Paul Swift, our tame stunt driver, The British Army will be opening the show with something very special.. We’re not giving the secret away, but make sure you arrive at the show early to make sure you don’t miss out!
9. Be blown away by the CrewSade Drift Show – CrewSade blew the roof off the Motorsport Arena in 2022. Combining scripted entertainment with high-octane motoring mayhem, this year the feats of driving skill and showmanship are enhanced further by West End choreography! On track mayhem + top level production = one insane spectacle. This is drifting, but not as you know it.
10. Watch Car Football – We promise to deliver things that you just won’t see anywhere else, and it doesn’t get much better than this. Every day in The Bridgestone Motorsport Arena we’ll be playing car football, watch Celebrities Vs Stunt Drivers or see if our team of Influencers can beat The British Army. This is definitely one session not to miss.
And that’s just a taster, find out below what else is happening at this year’s show…..