The British Motor Show announces new events in 2022, in association with cinch
Automotion Events, the organisers of The British Motor Show (18-21 August 2022, Farnborough International) have announced a raft of new, year-round events and the extension of their relationship with cinch, the UK’s leading online car sales platform. The new deal sees cinch extend its sponsorship of The British Motor Show, which, in addition to headline sponsor status, now includes dedicated sponsorship of the Live Arena and Family Zone, two of the most popular features of last summer’s Show, as well as the Show’s new offshoot events.
Four British Motor Show Pop-ups along with two all-new regional Show events mark a busy calendar for The British Motor Show in 2022. The Pop-ups will appear in key shopping centres across the UK, featuring new and latest models from a selection of local car retailers, as well as a number of other interesting cars along with merchandise, gifts, and interactive activities. At selected Pop-ups, visitors will also have the chance to win a car from headline sponsor cinch’s quality range.
2022 also sees two new Cars & Christmas events take place in The British Motor Show event portfolio, taking place across November and December. Cars and Christmas is an indoor arena show, featuring a live action arena, surrounded by an automotive-themed marketplace and Christmas market where visitors can find the latest products for the car fans in their lives. The two events, one each in the south and north of England, will treat the whole family to a day of entertainment.
Andy Entwistle, British Motor Show CEO, said: “cinch’s expanded commitment to the Show and our new calendar of events is testament to the optimism we share for the automotive business in the UK, and the ongoing love affair us Brits have with our cars and everything that goes along with the experience of owning one. With cinch’s multi-year support we’ve geared up for an exciting 2022 and beyond.”
The British Motor Show will be held across 18-21 August 2022 at Farnborough International. Building on the success of their scheduling at last year’s Show, The Live Arena – featuring stunt shows, car reviews, supercars and more – will be hosted again by Wheeler Dealer, Mike Brewer, with help from petrolhead and Olympic silver-medal sprinter, Iwan Thomas. The Family Zone will also be extended in 2022 to feature a unique car-themed escape room, as well as popular features from 2021 including car wrapping and The Racing Bug’s racing simulator.
Haydn Dibble, cinch Partnerships Director, said: “cinch is delighted to support The British Motor Show build on the tremendous success of its return in 2021. Like Automotion Events, cinch is committed to investing in the automotive industry in the UK, as we continue to grow at pace with our faff-free approach to helping people find and buy the car that’s right for them, entirely online. Our shared love of cars and motoring entertained thousands of attendees last summer, and we’re looking forward to welcoming visitors to the main Show and its new spin-off events in 2022.”
Notes to Editors
- The 2022 British Motor Show will take place from August 18-21 at Farnborough International
- 2021’s Show was the first after a 13-year hiatus and its return in 2022 promises an even bigger event, featuring even more interactive content, with manufacturers and exhibitors having already booked stand space following the show’s successful return
- The 2021 Show featured new, used and classic cars, supercars, driving displays and marketplace sellers, with the halls and outdoor areas of the show packed throughout with more than 47,000 visitors praising its size, value, layout and content.
- Celebrity guests included Fuzz Townshend and Tim Shaw from Car SOS, TV motoring pundit Mike Brewer, presenter Vikki-Butler Henderson and YouTube sensation Yianni, who mixed happily with the crowds.
- A Live Stage and Live Arena featured the Paul Swift Stunt Show, the British Army Lightning Bolts parachute display team, Car Football, supercar and motorsport displays, with many weekend pass holders returning for a second day to make sure they didn’t miss any of the action.
- The British Motor Show is unparalleled in the UK in terms of delivering such a variety of content, celebrity guests and live action, and supporting the automotive industry, which contributes £18.6 billion to the British economy.
- For tickets to The British Motor Show 2022, and for all the latest event news, visit www.thebritishmotorshow.live
About Automotion Events, organisers of The British Motor Show
Launched in 2019, Automotion events is the company behind some of the biggest and most dynamic motoring events in the UK.
The team have over 50 years of combined automotive and events experience and welcomed nearly 100,000 customers to their events during 2021, despite the challenges of lockdown. A number which is expected to more than double in 2022.
Automotion events was created to deliver events that educate and entertain visitors, helping support the UK automotive industry whilst delivering a day of unrivalled entertainment for guests.
cinch takes the faff out of buying a car. It has quickly established itself as the leader for online car purchases in the UK, offering a new, motorist-friendly way to search for and buy a quality-checked, everyday great-value car entirely online, and delivers them to the buyer’s home, with purchases backed by a 90-day warranty and 14-day money-back guarantee.
cinch launched just over a year ago and has rapidly become the largest online B2C marketplace for car purchases in the UK. cinch is currently generating annualised sales of over 70,000 vehicles. The business allows its c. 30 million website visitors a year to buy quality-checked cars, by outright payment, part exchange or personalised finance options, completely online.
cinch’s investments in sports, festivals and entertainment partnerships also includes the ECB, as Principal Partner of England Cricket; SPFL; Tottenham Hotspur, the LTA for the cinch Championships; the Northampton Saints and NFL London Games.