British Motor Show to open new PopUp show in Bracknell with unique showcase
- The British Motor Show’s latest Pop-Up Motor Show to open in Bracknell
- Pop-up Show runs from May 6 to June 3 in Princess Square at the Lexicon Centre
- Amongst the exhibits, come and see road-legal replica of Dangermouse’s car
A road-legal replica of Dangermouse’s famous yellow sports car will be one of the stars of the show at The British Motor Show’s latest Pop-Up Motor Show, which runs from May 6 to June 3 in Princess Square at the Lexicon Centre in Bracknell, Berkshire.
As well as the wacky Mazda MX5-based wedge of cheese, visitors to the free-to-enter Pop-Up Show will get to see the all-new BMW M4, an iconic Lotus Cortina and a selection of new cars, EVs, classic cars and supercars.
Also on-hand will be The British Motor Show’s own driving simulators, special interactive features from the show’s exhibitors including headline sponsor cinch, The British Motor Show official merchandise and the opportunity to buy advance tickets and VIP packages to this year’s main event.
The British Motor Show CEO, Andy Entwistle, said: “When we launched the Pop-Up Motor Show amid many restrictions back in 2020, we realised we had a concept that was worth repeating around the country, so we decided to take the show on the road. Not only does it give us real visibility and make more and more people aware of the big show that’s on the horizon, but it also delivers a real treat for car fans and families – a taster of the variety and attractions on offer at the show itself. Not only have we reinvented the motor show, but we’ve also reinvented the concept of it.”
The Pop-Up Motor Show concept was launched at Basingstoke, Hants, in October 2020 as the UK emerged from its first national lockdown, bringing a compact taste of the Big Show to shopping centre visitors. Since then, The British Motor Show has hosted Pop-Up shows in major shopping centres across the country, with more planned in the run up to The British Motor Show’s opening in August.
The British Motor Show will be held across 18-21 August 2022 at Farnborough International. Building on the success of their scheduling at last year’s Show, The Live Arena – featuring stunt shows, car reviews, supercars and more – will be hosted again by Wheeler Dealer, Mike Brewer, with help from petrolhead and Olympic silver-medal sprinter, Iwan Thomas. The Family Zone will also be extended in 2022 to feature a unique car-themed escape room, as well as popular features from 2021 including car wrapping and The Racing Bug’s racing simulator. Ticket prices are held from 2021 at £18.50 each, or £37 for a family of four. Tickets are available at www.thebritishmotorshow.live
Notes to Editors
- The 2022 British Motor Show will take place from August 18-21 at Farnborough International
- 2021’s Show was the first after a 13-year hiatus and its return in 2022 promises an even bigger event, featuring even more interactive content, with manufacturers and exhibitors having already booked stand space following the show’s successful return
- The 2021 Show featured new, used and classic cars, supercars, driving displays and marketplace sellers, with the halls and outdoor areas of the show packed throughout with more than 47,000 visitors praising its size, value, layout and content.
- Celebrity guests included Fuzz Townshend and Tim Shaw from Car SOS, TV motoring pundit Mike Brewer, presenter Vikki-Butler Henderson and YouTube sensation Yianni, who mixed happily with the crowds.
- A Live Stage and Live Arena featured the Paul Swift Stunt Show, the British Army Lightning Bolts parachute display team, Car Football, supercar and motorsport displays, with many weekend pass holders returning for a second day to make sure they didn’t miss any of the action.
- The British Motor Show is unparalleled in the UK in terms of delivering such a variety of content, celebrity guests and live action, and supporting the automotive industry, which contributes £18.6 billion to the British economy.
- For tickets to The British Motor Show 2022, and for all the latest event news, visit www.thebritishmotorshow.live
About Automotion Events, organisers of The British Motor Show
Launched in 2019, Automotion events is the company behind some of the biggest and most dynamic motoring events in the UK.
The team have over 50 years of combined automotive and events experience and welcomed nearly 100,000 customers to their events during 2021, despite the challenges of lockdown. A number which is expected to more than double in 2022.
Automotion events was created to deliver events that educate and entertain visitors, helping support the UK automotive industry whilst delivering a day of unrivalled entertainment for guests.
cinch takes the faff out of buying a car. It has quickly established itself as the leader for online car purchases in the UK, offering a new, motorist-friendly way to search for and buy a quality-checked, everyday great-value car entirely online, and delivers them to the buyer’s home, with purchases backed by a 90-day warranty and 14-day money-back guarantee.
cinch launched just over a year ago and has rapidly become the largest online B2C marketplace for car purchases in the UK. cinch is currently generating annualised sales of over 70,000 vehicles. The business allows its c. 30 million website visitors a year to buy quality-checked cars, by outright payment, part exchange or personalised finance options, completely online.
cinch’s investments in sports, festivals and entertainment partnerships also includes the ECB, as Principal Partner of England Cricket; SPFL; Tottenham Hotspur, the LTA for the cinch Championships; the Northampton Saints and NFL London Games.
Show Website www.thebritishmotorshow.live
Press emails Press@thebritishmotorshow.live