The British Motor Show announces the elmo Electric Motor Show 2022
- The British Motor Show announces new Electric Motor Show headline sponsorship with elmo
- EV subscription provider offers a flexible, total cost of ownership package
- Show takes place 18-21 August 2022 – advance tickets available at www.thebritishmotorshow.live
The British Motor Show has teamed up with elmo – a ground-breaking EV subscription service – to launch the elmo Electric Motor Show 2022.
elmo will become a headline partner of the event, which takes place at Farnborough International, Hants, from August 18-21.
The partnership is a perfect combination of new thinking – with The British Motor Show reinventing the concept of auto shows and elmo innovating the way people access electric cars, where cost of purchase is often seen as a barrier to entry.
elmo is an all-inclusive electric car subscription service on a mission to be the easiest way for drivers to go electric. Customers (both individuals and businesses) can book online in five minutes, get verified in 24 hours and have an electric car delivered to their door in a week.
Unlike a traditional lease, with elmo, there’s no deposit to pay and customers just give 30 days’ notice at any time to have the car collected or swapped. And unlike a lease, the monthly subscription payment includes, as standard, insurance, maintenance & servicing, breakdown cover, road tax and a carbon offset donation (to account for manufacturing emissions). elmo also gives the option to customise the package with various charging options selected by its expert team. The idea is to give drivers all the benefits of owning an EV, without the hassle of traditional ownership.
Andy Entwistle, British Motor Show CEO, added: “The Electric Motor Show was one of our most popular attractions in our launch year in 2021, and it’s set to get even bigger and better this year. One of the things our show visitors told us most last year was that they’d love to go electric but the cost appeared prohibitive. elmo addresses that – it’s an exciting new concept, just like our own. ”
Olly Jones, co-founder of elmo, added: “At elmo, our mission is to bring electric cars into the mainstream. So we are delighted to be partnering with The British Motor Show to create the elmo Electric Motor Show. The aim is to educate people about electric car driving, charging and home solutions – not to mention allowing people to experience the cars for themselves. If last year was anything to go by, it’s sure to be the family motor event of the year, and this year it’s going electric!”
For more information about elmo, visit www.elmodrive.com
Notes to Editors
- The 2022 British Motor Show will take place from August 18-21 at Farnborough International
- 2021’s Show was the first after a 13-year hiatus and its return in 2022 promises an even bigger event, featuring even more interactive content, with manufacturers and exhibitors having already booked stand space following the show’s successful return
- The 2021 Show featured new, used and classic cars, supercars, driving displays and marketplace sellers, with the halls and outdoor areas of the show packed throughout with more than 47,000 visitors praising its size, value, layout and content.
- Celebrity guests included Fuzz Townshend and Tim Shaw from Car SOS, TV motoring pundit Mike Brewer, presenter Vikki-Butler Henderson and YouTube sensation Yianni, who mixed happily with the crowds.
- A Live Stage and Live Arena featured the Paul Swift Stunt Show, the British Army Lightning Bolts parachute display team, Car Football, supercar and motorsport displays, with many weekend pass holders returning for a second day to make sure they didn’t miss any of the action.
- The British Motor Show is unparalleled in the UK in terms of delivering such a variety of content, celebrity guests and live action, and supporting the automotive industry, which contributes £18.6 billion to the British economy.
- For tickets to The British Motor Show 2022, and for all the latest event news, visit www.thebritishmotorshow.live
About Automotion Events, organisers of The British Motor Show
Launched in 2019, Automotion events is the company behind some of the biggest and most dynamic motoring events in the UK.
The team have over 50 years of combined automotive and events experience and welcomed nearly 100,000 customers to their events during 2021, despite the challenges of lockdown. A number which is expected to more than double in 2022.
Automotion events was created to deliver events that educate and entertain visitors, helping support the UK automotive industry whilst delivering a day of unrivalled entertainment for guests.
Show Website www.thebritishmotorshow.live
Press emails Press@thebritishmotorshow.live
Andy Entwistle Andy@automotion.live | 07775 901649