The British Motor Show opens its doors to help the industry
Message from Andy Entwistle CEO of The British Motor Show
When we announced the return of the British Motor Show, we explained we were bringing the show back to support the British motor industry; to educate and inform consumer.
In these challenging times this mission is more important than ever, therefore we are now making more commitments to help support the industry.
Here at the motor show we are continuing to work towards delivering the event at the end of August. In fact, we have seen an increase in exhibitor enquiries, with businesses understanding that tens of thousands of consumers will be looking to get out and re-engage with society.
We also recognise that exhibitors, sponsors and owners clubs alike, will be looking for events to attend as a result of so many being cancelled in the earlier part of the year.
As a result we are currently working with Farnborough International to secure even more space to help accommodate as many exhibitors as we can.
However, we are also offering additional support to the industry and I would encourage you to spread the word to anyone that this may help.
- We will be offering all manufacturers who have supported the country by turning their UK plants to manufacture medical equipment, complimentary space at the show.
- We are increasing the amount of space available for Owners Clubs to display their cars. Many of these clubs will have had national days and events cancelled, so we will be opening our doors to invite them with complimentary display space and discounted tickets for members.
- We will be making 20 spaces in our test drive area available free of charge to franchised retailers to help them re engage with consumers and encourage more sales.
- We will be offering free tickets to healthcare staff who have been on the front line supporting the UK. The very least we can do for these heroes is to make sure they get to enjoy a great day out for free as we start to exit these challenging times.
- Finally we want to reach out to all automotive event organisers who have had their events cancelled, with the offer of space at the British Motor Show in 2020.
These are unprecedented times and as an industry we need to work together. We will get through this challenge, of that there is no doubt, and the team at the show are doing all we can to help support manufacturers, retailers and exhibitors.
To find out more details please contact me or the team on email@example.com